My research interests include Geographic Information Science, geospatial technologies, Spatial Decision Support Systems, modelling and model integration, scenario analysis, Citizen Science and Big Data.
A successful example of generating innovative modelling solution to real world problem was application of the MOLAND model in forming an important part of the latest review of the Regional Planning Guidelines published by Dublin & Mid East Regional Authorities in 2010.
More specifically my research interest include:
- Spatial Decision Support Systems
- Model Integration
- Land Use and Transport Modelling (MOLAND)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Web-based GIS applications
- Geospatial and Spatio-temporal Analysis
- Cellular Automata
- Data Management and Visualisation
- Applied Statistics
- Data Science
- Citizen Science
- Smart Cities
- Big Data
Read more in my research projects.